Friday, August 6, 2010

Walking through Proverbs

The Bible says,
Fear of the LORD is the foundation of true knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and discipline.  (Proverbs 1:7  New Living Translation)

I would rather not use the word "fear" and "God" in the same sentence, but I did not write the book.  Fear in this sentence though has more to do with respect than fear.  In our search for knowledge and truth, many want to leave God out.  They refuse to believe that God has anything to do with it.  God has everything to do with it.

As a believer, I should know that real truth and knowledge come from God.  If I am going to find the answers, I need to go to God first.  So many times we go to God last.  We wait until all other sources fail us before we ask Him for the answers.  Let's stop ignoring God in our search for knowledge.  Let's stop being foolish.

Lord God,
Help us hide Your word in our hearts, so we will not sin.