Monday, October 4, 2010

Walking through Proverbs 1:20-22

The Bible says, Wisdom shouts in the streets. She cries out in the public square. She calls to the crowds along the main street, to those gathered in front of the city gate: "How long, you simpletons, will you insist on being simpleminded? (Proverbs 1:20-22, New Living Translation) Wisdom seems to be taking a vacation in America today. Everywhere you look people are acting more and more foolish. The news is filled with stories of people doing stupid things and no one seems to know why. We have misplaced wisdom and responsibility with something else. The Bible is clear that as Christians we are to live our lives with wisdom. The verse here tells us that she is calling out to help us. Wisdom wants to help but people love rejecting her for ideas they think are smart. In the end though, most people realize they should have listened first to wisdom. You would think that as believers in God, we would listen when God tells us to do something. Many times we believe we are smarter than God and He should listen to us. Every time I tried to do it my way I fall flat on my face. The older I get the more I understand wisdom is for my benefit and the more I listen the better I am for it. Let's remind ourselves that wisdom is and should always be our best friend. Lord God, Help us hide Your word in our hearts, so we will not sin. - Posted using BlogPress from my iPad