Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Solid or hollow?

When we arrived in Jackson last night, I saw the remains of an old tree in my in-laws' yard. The tree fell during a storm and all that is left now is the stump. When I looked at it this morning, I noticed how hollow the stump was and I wondered how it stood like that for so many years. It looked like a strong tree from the outside but the thickness of the wood was only five inches thick. The rest of the tree was hollow. While driving, my wife informed me that one of my teachers at Central Bible College had pasted away. The article in the Memphis newspaper told a wonderful story of a man whose life was solid. Everyone in the article told about his faith and love of God, his character and devotion to ministry. Here was a story of a man whose life was solid and the people around him knew it! As I turn 35 today, I am reminded that our lives can be either hollow or solid. The difference is Jesus. I want Him to fill my life and keep me from "falling over in the storm.". Thank you Dr. Arnold for being a great example to me. - Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Jackson, TN