Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Reading the Bible

Lately my wife and I have been sitting down with the kids every night before bed and reading the Bible to them.  You would think we should have been doing this for a while now but we have not.  We started in the book of Psalms and then read a part of John.  Sometimes the kids listen and sometimes they do not.  It is hard to get them to listen to the not so exciting parts. 

I remember when my dad used to do the same thing.  My brother and I would wonder why we would have to sit and listen to the "boring" parts.  As I got older, I began to understand all the Bible is important and even though my kids don't like all the parts of the Bible, they will begin soon to appreciate all of it.  We have to do the same thing as adults.  We read all the Bible and don't skip over the "boring" parts.  Those parts may just have the answer we are looking for.  So I am going to keep reading and so should you.